logo
NeuWON - WON.NET Ressurection Project General Half-life
cannot get CD key for half-life working
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

cannot get CD key for half-life working
by: drgrumbles, 10-03-2018 03:09 AM (#1)

hi, downloaded the installer for the new half life patch, when i try to log into my neuwon account through the installer it throws an error containing "DBProxy server error, Installer error: WS_DBProxyServ_invalidusername" except, i have a valid username, and allows me to continue even if i get the error, but when i try to register a CD key on the website, it says "here is your CD key" of which i get a CD key, but i do not get the CDKEY.exe the website describes.

i did punch the CD key into the HL launcher though when it asked for it, not sure if it will still function as intended?

also to save room on making another thread, in the counter-strike client after doing all said above, it cannot find any server listings nor chat rooms from the master server, not sure why it cant seem to do so, thanks!

Edited by drgrumbles 10-03-2018 03:34 AM
drgrumbles

Warn Level 0 +

RE: cannot get CD key for half-life working
by: ben, 10-03-2018 03:33 AM (#2)

im working on the issue as we speak, theres a bug in my procedures that sometimes produce an database error. when this happens the authentication server blocks connections until it is resolved
ben

by: drgrumbles, 12-03-2018 07:14 PM (#3)

ahh i see, let me know when its fixed, im keen as a bean to have a go at counter-strike!!
drgrumbles

Warn Level 0 +

by: drgrumbles, 15-03-2018 01:22 PM (#4)

ok i tried again with the installer to login but got a different error this time, what i got was:

GetCertOp failed. WS_CommServ_Failure, not sure if its related but thought id mention it anyway, cheers.
drgrumbles

Warn Level 0 +

by: drgrumbles, 25-03-2018 07:57 PM (#5)

is it possible that not having specific ports open for the installer could cause it to not function correctly when trying to login to my account from the installer?
drgrumbles

Warn Level 0 +

by: drgrumbles, 09-05-2018 02:13 PM (#6)

has this one been resolved? all working?
drgrumbles

Warn Level 0 +

by: ben, 02-06-2018 11:42 AM (#7)

im debugging the server right now to see why registration works but login does not..
ben

by: ben, 02-06-2018 11:53 AM (#8)

should be all good now.

i had made a stupid error in my logic for a procedure, i had been checking a variable to see if it was null before it was used..
ben

Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
URL:
BBcode:
HTML: