logo
NeuWON - WON.NET Ressurection Project General General NeuWon Talk
how does one run a master server??
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

how does one run a master server??
by: drgrumbles, 08-03-2018 02:27 AM (#1)

hi, long time no see i guess.

ive been diving right into servers boxes and whatnot for quite a long while now and i have one burning question:

how does one run a Half-Life Master Server?

is it an easy thing or is some software required??

Edited by drgrumbles 08-03-2018 02:35 AM
drgrumbles

Warn Level 0 +

RE: how does one run a master server??
by: ben, 10-03-2018 10:20 AM (#2)

there are several opensource half-life masterserver options available, just search google.

If you would like to host for NeuWON, we use the original masterserver Software that ran the HL Server List during WON. The original software tends to be more stable and more efficient; although more complex, than the alternatives.
ben

by: drgrumbles, 10-03-2018 11:59 PM (#3)

ben wrote:
there are several opensource half-life masterserver options available, just search google.

If you would like to host for NeuWON, we use the original masterserver Software that ran the HL Server List during WON. The original software tends to be more stable and more efficient; although more complex, than the alternatives.

ahh i see, i did investigate into the open source master servers but alot of them havent been touched since 2013 or even longer still so well over 5 years ago

with the requirements to host a master server, im guessing linux is a requirement, is there any others? (p.s: the requirements page for back end hosting isnt working btw)

Edited by drgrumbles 10-03-2018 12:52 AM
drgrumbles

Warn Level 0 +

by: ben, 10-03-2018 03:32 AM (#4)

actually the server runs on windows surprisingly, if you want to host throw me a private message or email me at shefben at gmail .com
ben

Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
URL:
BBcode:
HTML: