Ground Control
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Ground Control
by: N3ST, 10-08-2016 03:07 AM (#1)

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for recreating the won.net network so that we can enjoy the good old games.

I am part of the GC Vets community, player from all around the world who are still playing ground control.

We are currently using the version 1.0.1.1 (GC + Expansion Dark Conspiracy), we have modded the game to balance the gameplay.

Is the version of GC we are using compatible with neuwon.net?

Can we also use the dedicated server with neuwon.net.

Best regards,

N3ST
N3ST

Warn Level 0 +

RE: Ground Control
by: N3ST, 11-08-2016 10:36 PM (#2)

It seems that when I am trying to connect it is asking for a serial key, however I don't have one as the version of ground control I am using comes from gog.com.

Is there a way to bypass this issue?

Best regards,

N3ST
N3ST

Warn Level 0 +

by: N3ST, 11-08-2016 02:33 AM (#3)

OK, I found a serial Key. When I login it say : Error Getting Directory Server.

Are the server working properly?

Best regards,

N3ST
N3ST

Warn Level 0 +

by: Wingklip, 12-08-2016 01:46 PM (#4)

I think it should be the server having no keys to match authentication. Won, pls fix Smile
Wingklip

Warn Level 0 +

by: Wingklip, 12-08-2016 11:19 PM (#5)

Rac2-Ral2-Cas3-Rad3-3542
CD key comfirmed working, but it says something about directory servers not working. Cant connect to the groundcontrol.php page by typing into browser either. Please fix. Also your latest patch requires a CD, and the neuwon patch is 1.0.0.5??????????????? wtf
Wingklip

Warn Level 0 +

by: N3ST, 14-08-2016 12:03 PM (#6)

Hi,

I am doing some test, after entering the key, it connect but get stuck to verifying patches.

I am going to try to install the original version of the game, but it would be great to use the gog version.
N3ST

Warn Level 0 +

by: Empyre, 15-08-2016 06:56 AM (#7)

I am only a forums moderator, so I don't know the technical stuff behind NeuWON. Ben, the man behind the project, is very busy in real life, so this hobby of his is progressing agonizingly slowly, but it is progressing. I myself am eagerly awaiting the Half-Life patch. I just wanted you to know that your problems are not falling on completely deaf ears, even if I am unable to actually help you.

Ground Control might not be supported yet. Here is a copy-and-paste of the latest news announcement, from March this year:

WE HAVE OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED THE NETWORK!

Please spread the word! The more people know about this, the more fun the games will be!

After two years of tinkering and tweaking it is here!!

A majority of the games that run on WON are now playable on the NeuWON Network.

The Game Patches released today are:
StarTrek: Armada,

ARC,

Darkreign2,
Homeworld,

Cataclysm,

EmpireEarth,

AOC
Thrones of Darkness & Swat 3 GOTY

(if a game isnt listed, it is because the patches arent complete yet)

There are only two steps that need to be done to get playing:

1.) Download/Install the games latest update (before the NeuWON patch)

2.) Install the NeuWON patch for the game you want to play (http://neuwon.com/downloads.php)

3.) PLAY!

Some games might not have any chatrooms or server list. This is because we need people to host them!

Soon i will create an easy to use web script that can fill in the configurations, then pack everything in a zip file.

If you like this project and enjoy being able to play old games online Please donate to help pay for dedicated server hosting, domain names and general Maintenance.

Any donations are greatly appreciated and will help ensure that NeuWON stays reliable and Stays online for years to come.

If you would like to donate Please go to http://neuwon.com/donate.php

The next step after the half-life patch is released is to start work on a gamespy network!

I need to know there is interest before i start that.

Thanks for sticking around for the year and a half it took me to get everything up and running.

NOW HAVE FUN AND GO PLAY!

As you can see, ground Control is not on the list. This may change some day, so keep an eye on this site.

"Logic is a wreath of beautiful flowers that smell bad." - Spock
Empyre

by: N3ST, 15-08-2016 10:14 AM (#8)

Hi Empyre,

Thank you for your reply.

If you can contact the person behind this project, let him know that the gc vets will gladly to make gc mp work again without the need for vpn software as it doesn't work for everyone, I can host vm with dedicated server, directory servers, chateroom etc.. let met know and I can add another server in my house I have my iwn domain name and 40Mb upload.

As for the patch, I did some test, it only works on windows xp, applying the patch help the game to connect to the directory server, but it stay stuck at"Checking for patches".
The version in the sierra.inf is 1.0.0.5, were the latest version of th game is 1.0.1.1 (which support the expansion dark conspiracy). We have modded the game to balance the different unit, and I hope we will be able to add support for our mod with the neuwon network.

Best regards,

N3ST

Edited by N3ST 15-08-2016 10:25 AM
N3ST

Warn Level 0 +

by: Empyre, 16-08-2016 01:17 PM (#9)

Whatever it is that you need to be able to use NeuWON for Ground Control, I am pretty sure that Ben can make it happen. He is pretty smart, but unfortunately also pretty busy. He only drops by here once in a while. Suddenly, news pops up in the home page with some progress, and spam that I am unable to delete (thanks to a bug in the forum software) disappears. By posting here, you have already contacted him about as effectively as I can.

"Logic is a wreath of beautiful flowers that smell bad." - Spock
Empyre

by: Wingklip, 16-08-2016 06:28 PM (#10)

N3ST wrote:
Hi Empyre,

Thank you for your reply.

If you can contact the person behind this project, let him know that the gc vets will gladly to make gc mp work again without the need for vpn software as it doesn't work for everyone, I can host vm with dedicated server, directory servers, chateroom etc.. let met know and I can add another server in my house I have my iwn domain name and 40Mb upload.

As for the patch, I did some test, it only works on windows xp, applying the patch help the game to connect to the directory server, but it stay stuck at"Checking for patches".
The version in the sierra.inf is 1.0.0.5, were the latest version of th game is 1.0.1.1 (which support the expansion dark conspiracy). We have modded the game to balance the different unit, and I hope we will be able to add support for our mod with the neuwon network.

Best regards,

N3ST

That explains it. Is it able to go online with the 1.0.0.5 patch? might be able to find out if you have the original version
Wingklip

Warn Level 0 +

by: ben, 21-08-2016 06:58 AM (#11)

sorry for the late response.

I will have to look into this.. I cannot get GC to work on my computer so i could not test to see if the patch worked.

Also one issue is that a few of our hosts are dead for what ever reason, so some games may not have a lobby.. We need more hosts!
ben

by: N3ST, 22-08-2016 07:20 AM (#12)

Hi Ben,

If you try to run GC on windows 10 use XP compatibility mod and it should work.

I can provide you with a link to download the version of gog.com of groun control (it comes with the expansiin and the latest verison of the patch).

If you need help to test the patch please let me know it will be a pleasur to help you.

If you need I can host som servers at home, like a directory server and a chat server for GC.

I wanted to say a big thanks you for rebuilding the won network, I am pretty sure it was a big task and we really appreciate what you did.
N3ST

Warn Level 0 +

by: ben, 22-08-2016 04:51 AM (#13)

I just noticed the neuwon GC patch is all screwed up, dont download it. I will be uploading the fixed patch sometime today. Also i noticed error 1501 when trying to create an account through ground control. the code is StatusAuth_CDKeyBanned. The cdkey that came with the gc torrent must be banned.. ill try to unban it if i can figure out how. Some time in the future i will have a neuwon installer for all the won games that will generate a new unique cdkey.

EDIT: I fixed the account creation error, everything seems to be in working order.

I just need to add a ground control entry to the patch db table and get a host for the gc lobby. If you would like to i will give you the software to run the lobby

Edited by ben 23-08-2016 06:33 AM
ben

by: N3ST, 23-08-2016 08:19 AM (#14)

Great news!

Yes please give me the software to run the lobby, do I need a windows server or a linux server to run this software?
N3ST

Warn Level 0 +

by: ben, 23-08-2016 08:42 AM (#15)

windows, ill pm it or if you have some type of instant messenger that will work better
ben

by: N3ST, 23-08-2016 09:13 AM (#16)

I sent you a pm we can chat using skype
N3ST

Warn Level 0 +

by: ben, 24-08-2016 08:11 AM (#17)

There is still one issue left.

The client says that the clients version is invalid and there are no available patches.

Its due to a data object in the directory server. I have tried ALOT of different things to make it work...
(1011,1.0.1.1,GCCL1.0.1.1,1) nothing seems to satisfy the client.

What i may do if i cant figure it out is just dissassemble the game and nop/skip the validversion check
ben

by: N3ST, 24-08-2016 11:21 AM (#18)

In that case I can provide with the exe from gog, the verison is 1.0.1.1 and don't need a CD to run, the patch you provide, if replace my exe with yours it ask me for a CD.

Regarding the lobby server is there any port that I need to forward to my server? It also give me an error when starting the server saying : server didn't get the certificate : failed to load verifier key. (the reg file has been applied), I am using a windows 2012 R2 Server.

One other thing, I can't login it say that say "Authentication failed, the authentication server could not be reached"
I also can't create a new won account it says : account creation failed error 100008.

Edited by N3ST 24-08-2016 11:31 AM
N3ST

Warn Level 0 +

by: ben, 24-08-2016 12:24 PM (#19)

i reuploaded the patch yesterday, i put the nocd in there with the new one i was pretty sure.. cus my gc has the nocd patch, and thats what i used to make the neuwon patch. ill check it out later
ben

by: N3ST, 24-08-2016 01:29 AM (#20)

Ben,

It didn't work for me, as when I replaced my exe zith yours it asked me for a cd, however the gog.com version already has a nocd exe, so just the reg patch was necessary in my case.

Can you help me with the lobby server to make sure that everything is working fine, as I can't login to the won network.
N3ST

Warn Level 0 +

Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
URL:
BBcode:
HTML: